Founding and building a business is hard work, and being an entrepreneur can take a toll. From business formation to trademark registration to seeking VC/Angel financing and getting your business going, you will likely face dozens of legal issues. Having worked as an entrepreneur and with entrepreneurs and their companies in New York and abroad, we understand the specific needs, timing, and pricing that emerging businesses need.
For international tech companies that try to enter the US market, it can be even harder as this process involves visa issues and tax complications. Our dual-licensed, bilingual team is experienced with helping foreign entrepreneurs and companies move to NY and understands the legal complexities that accompany such a transfer. Our team will make sure that trans-boundary legal implications will not hinder you from continuing to build your company in the US.
Let our stellar startup team help you navigate the myriad of legal issues related to creating a business, including:
- Business Formation and Transactions
- Business Law and General Counsel
- Intellectual Property
- Internet Law, Social Media, and e-commerce Law
Business Formation and Transactions
One of the first steps in creating a successful company is choosing the legal structure that will best suit the needs of the business and its shareholders. There are many options to choose from: LLC, C Corporation (C Corp), S Corporation (S Corp), and others, each with their own sets of pros and cons. Understanding the benefits and trade-offs of each decision and skillfully navigating through the barrage of information and forms is critical. Gili Gibli Law Firm provides you with tailor-made corporate entity formation services and filing to provide you with peace-of-mind, giving you the freedom to focus your efforts on getting your business off the ground. In addition, we will be happy to help you with Merger and Acquisition issues such as asset and stock sale/purchase agreements. We can assist you with:
- Business planning and structure tailored to the unique needs of your business
- Business formation (LLC, S Corp, C Corp, B Corp, LLP, LP)
- LLC operating agreements
- Shareholder and partnership agreements
- Advising on founders’ issues
- Business sales, acquisitions, mergers, and other strategic arrangements
Want a quick and simple incorporation with no additional fees, but the comfort of knowing a first-rate attorney is on the job? See a listing of our online business services offered for a flat fee, not including filing/publication fees. Prices for flat fee filings are listed below. Contact us, and we can provide you with the appropriate online form to get started:
- Form a Corporation in New York or Delaware for $500.
- Form a Limited Liability Company (LLC) in New York or Delaware for $500.
- Form a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) in New York or Delaware for $500.
- Form a Limited Partnership (LP) in New York or Delaware for $500.
- Form a Not-For-Profit Corporation Inc./Corp/Ltd in New York or Delaware for $500.
Business Law and General Counsel
As a viable running business, you face ongoing business and legal issues frequently. Retaining in-house counsel for your business can be burdensome and costly. Gili Gibli Law Firm understands that you need a reachable attorney that will be there for you daily. We are available to you whenever you need us. Our comprehensive business law services will ensure that all of your business legal needs are handled in the most cost-effective way possible. We can help your business with matters related to:
- Business contracts and agreements
- NDA agreements
- Early-stage financing (Term sheet, Angel and Venture Capital Financing)
- Commercial leasing
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Employee and partner agreements, disputes and terminations,
- Stock option agreements
Internet, Social Media, and E-Commerce Law
Owning web and mobile properties is critical to nearly every business, but the hosting and promotion of these properties can create legal exposure. We will guide you through the relevant state and federal regulations as well as the FTC/FCC regulations associated with media and social media communications. In addition, in order to protect your startup from a lawsuit by users, your website must have the right Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policies in place. We can assist you with:
- Drafting Terms and Conditions for internet-based sweepstakes and contests
- Drafting Terms and Conditions for website applications
- Drafting Privacy Policies for website and applications
- Advising on Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, Digital Millennium Copyright Act, and Communications Decency Act compliance
Review of Internet-based advertising and marketing strategies for compliance with relevant laws and regulations